Learn about the Sync with PayPal app and QuickBooks Online.
The Sync with PayPal app is a data-only, one-way integration with PayPal that syncs user’s transactions from PayPal into QuickBooks. In this article, we'll answer questions to the frequently asked questions about it.
This app imports your sales, bank transfers and expenses. When a sale is recorded in PayPal, it is synced over to QuickBooks Online as a sales receipt. It includes information like which item is sold and the quantity, discount, shipping, and tax.
Transaction fees charged by PayPal are also brought over as an expense, so it is properly recognized and reflected in your accounts. Additionally, your bank transfers (from/to PayPal) and PayPal expenses are also appropriately handled.
This app imports all expenses into the default expense category known as “Uncategorized Expenses”. This category is not configurable. If you need further categorization for these expenses, it would need to be done manually.
This app syncs all bank transfers from PayPal into the default bank transfer category known as "PayPal Funds Transfer Account". This category is not configurable.
The Sync with PayPal app is only available for QuickBooks Online customers.
The Sync with PayPal app is free for all QuickBooks Online customers.
- The current integration is not supported outside the US.
- If you are a US customer, but receive PayPal transactions in currencies other than USD, please be sure to enable Multi-currency within QuickBooks. This is to allow the transactions to sync. (For more details, please visit Turn on Multicurrency and add or delete currencies.)
- You can only setup one PayPal account per QuickBooks account via the Sync with PayPal app.
- If the same PayPal account is connected to two QuickBooks accounts, the first connection will drop.
- PayPal sales transactions created by Shopify or BigCommerce will not import. The transactions will need to be added manually into QuickBooks Online. Or you may connect the Shopify or BigCommerce App to sync those sales. Subscription fees may apply for those applications.
No, you currently can't set up multiple PayPal accounts to the same QuickBooks account.
No, this is not possible. If the same PayPal account is connected to two QuickBooks accounts, the first connection will drop.
Intuit does not promote or condone use of third-party software to connect your PayPal account with QuickBooks Online. With the Sync with PayPal app and QuickBooks Online, there is no need to use other software.
If you choose to do so, we recommend that you either use the Synch with PayPal app + QuickBooks Online integration or your existing software, but not both to avoid duplicate transactions from appearing in QuickBooks Online.