Learn what a check writer return is and what to do if you see one.
A check writer return happens when your customer’s payment has been returned by their bank.
You might see a check writer return if:
- Your customer doesn’t have enough funds in the bank.
- There was a mistake in the bank info when the payment went through.
- Your customer requested a stop payment on the check before it processed.
What to do about a check writer return
Let your customer know the payment wasn’t processed and see if they entered the correct account info. If everything’s correct, you can resend the invoice or ask for another payment method.
To resend the invoice:
- Select Sales and find the invoice to resend.
- You can add a message on the invoice to let the customer know the payment didn’t go through the first time.
- Select Save and send.
The payment was already deposited, what happens now?
We may debit your bank account within 1-2 business days of the return.
A $10 fee will be applied to the debit and we’ll send you an email to let you know.