When attempting to run a Financial Exchange with QuickBooks Point of Sale, you see the following prompt:
This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically.
This message is caused by any of the following:
- A non-admin user is logged in to QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale or QuickBooks Desktop is not updated to the latest release.
- The Integrated Applications preference in QuickBooks Desktop is damaged.
Before you begin troubleshooting:
When done, proceed to the following solutions.
Solution 1. Refresh the Integrated Applications
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to Edit menu, then select Preferences.
- Select Integrated Applications, then go to Company Preferences tab.
- If more than one application is listed, select QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and select Properties.
- On the Access Rights tab, take note of the name in the Login as field and clear the Allow this application to read and modify this company file checkbox.
- Select OK to save the changes.
- Follow steps 1 to 4 again but this time, select the Allow this application to read and modify this company file checkbox.
- In the Login as field, select the name that was previously used. Select OK twice.
- Run financial exchange in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Solution 2. Refresh communication between QuickBooks Desktop and Point of Sale
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- In Point of Sale, go to File > Preferences > Company > Financial and clear the Use with QuickBooks Financial Software checkbox. Save the changes.
- In Quickbooks Desktop, go to Edit > Preferences, then select Integrated Applications.
- On the Company Preferences tab, select QuickBooks Point of Sale and select Remove.
- Select YES on the Remove this application warning box, then select OK.
- In QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, go to Financial > Financial Center > Set Up QuickBooks Connection Now and follow the Connection Wizard to finish the setup.
- Run financial exchange in Point of Sale.