To convert from QuickBooks Online to Mac, you need to export the file to QuickBooks Desktop Windows then convert the Windows file to Mac.
To convert your QBO file to QuickBooks for Mac:
Step 2: Convert the Windows company file to Mac
- Open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
- Re-sort lists.
- Rebuild and verify your data file.
- Go to the File menu, then select Utilities > Copy Company File for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
- Save the file in your desired location. This creates a file with the extension MAC.qbb.
- Copy the file to a DVD, external hard drive, flash drive, or FTP web site.
- Restore the file in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
- In the No Company Open window, select Browse, then locate the file you want to restore. Note: If your QuickBooks Windows file is on an external drive, save it locally by dragging it to the desired location before restoring it to avoid data corruption.
- Select OK when you get the prompt asking if you want to restore a QuickBooks Desktop for Windows file.
- Enter a name for the restored file then select Save.
For more information, see Convert a QuickBooks Mac file to QuickBooks Windows and back again.