Learn how to update your QuickBooks Desktop and Quicken with your payroll data using the Intuit One-click application.
Export to QuickBooks for Windows
Note: One-Click export for QuickBooks Desktop does NOT work consistently with 64-bit operating systems. If you are using a 64-bit operating system, use the IIF export method for QuickBooks Desktop explained in the Export data to QuickBooks for Windows (IIF) article.
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- Windows 32-bit operating system (one-click is not supported with 64-bit)
- One of these editions of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2006 or later
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2006 or later
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 8.0 or later
Export to Quicken® for Windows
Note: One-Click export for Quicken does NOT work consistently with 64-bit operating systems. If you are using a 64-bit operating system, use the QIF export method for Quicken explained in the Export data to Quicken for Windows (QIF) article.
One-Click system requirements
- Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later)
- Quicken Deluxe, Quicken Premier, or Quicken Home and Business 2008 (or later).
What happens when data is transferred to QuickBooks Desktop or Quicken?
Pay split between paper check and direct deposit
We recommend that you print checks in Intuit Online Payroll service, not in QuickBooks Desktop or Quicken. If you choose to print checks from QuickBooks Desktop or Quicken, only the paychecks can be printed from QuickBooks Desktop. The pay stubs will still need to be printed from Online Payroll.
Currently, you must not print a paper check in QuickBooks Desktop for a paycheck created with our payroll service if your employee receives part of the pay as a direct deposit and part as a paper check. If you print a check in QuickBooks Desktop for this type of a pay transaction, the printed check will include the amount already direct deposited and you will overpay the employee.
Working with more than one QuickBooks company
If you export payroll to more than one QuickBooks Desktop company, you must change your export connection.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, open the company file you want to export to.
- In our payroll service, click the Setup tab.
- Under the Expot heading, click Preferences.
- At the Export Preferences page, next to QuickBooks Desktop File, click Connect.
- Follow the instructions on the page to complete the new connection.