Learn how to fix any errors you see when you install QuickBooks Desktop.
If you run into trouble installing QuickBooks Desktop, or opening it after you install, we’re here to help. Follow the steps in this article for these errors and issues:
- Error 1603
- Error 1935
- Error 1402
- Microsoft .NET Framework errors
- Errors related to damaged MSXML and C++
- “QuickBooks has stopped working” messages when opening QuickBooks Desktop
If you see any of the errors below, follow the steps in the link to fix them:
Step 1: Download and use the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tools Hub helps fix common errors.
- Select the button to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Windows desktop or downloads folder.)
- Agree to the terms of service.
- Open the file you downloaded. It's called QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Follow the onscreen steps to install.
When the installation finishes, close any open QuickBooks programs and double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the Tools Hub.
Important: QuickBooks needs to be closed to use the Tools Hub.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- If you have any open versions of QuickBooks, close them.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Installation Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. This can take up to 20 minutes to run.
- When the tool finishes, restart your computer.
- Update Windows. Updates prevent and often fix install errors and more.
- Review the “how to manually update” sections of this Microsoft article to update your version of Windows.
- Restart your computer once the updates finish.
- If you were previously able to install QuickBooks, open QuickBooks, then your company file.
- If you were previously unable to install QuickBooks, try to install QuickBooks Desktop again.
If you can install and open it, everything is fixed. If you continue to see issues, move on to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Manually fix Windows components
If the QuickBooks Install Tool and the update didn’t fix the error, you can repair specific Windows components yourself.
However, you should only do these troubleshooting steps you’re an IT professional, confident Windows user, or working with the experts from Microsoft support.
If you can install and open QuickBooks, you’re good to go. If you still see problems, move on to Solution 3.
Solution 3: Use Selective Startup to install QuickBooks Desktop
To get around third-party apps that may block the install, like antivirus and antispyware programs, install QuickBooks while in Selective Startup (Safe Mode).
If you’re still having issues, we recommend reaching out to an IT professional. These errors indicate there may be a general issue with Windows.