Learn how to download QuickBooks Desktop.
Are you ready to download QuickBooks Desktop? The following sections provide the download links you need to get started and answer some frequently asked questions.
Download QuickBooks Desktop
First, download the appropriate installation file for your product.
To begin your installation, go to the Downloads & Updates page to get the download link for the version of QuickBooks you purchased.
- ProAdvisors: Log into your QuickBooks ProAdvisor Center to download your software
- Accountants: Log into CAMPS to download your software
To download the installation file:
- From the Downloads & Updates page, select your country, product, and version.If you don't know what version you use, see Not sure what version you use?
- Select Download.
Questions about downloading
When you install QuickBooks, you'll need to enter your license and product number.
Don't know them yet?
To find your license and product number:
- For a downloaded product, look in the purchase confirmation email you received from Intuit, or sign into your account and view your licenses in the Products & Services section and selecting the product to download
- If you purchased QuickBooks on CD, look for the scratch-off label on the original packaging (next to the UPC code)
- ProAdvisors can also view software information in the ProAdvisor section of QuickBooks Online Accountant
- If you have not previously registered your QuickBooks software and you still can't find your license and product number, our knowledge base article on missing or illegible installation numbers may help
- If you have previously registered your QuickBooks software, you can get help finding your license number or key code with our License Look Up Tool
Haven’t purchased QuickBooks yet? Visit our product page.
For information about updating your QuickBooks Desktop version, see Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
QuickBooks Desktop versions from too long ago aren't available for download. Because we can't ensure that older software will still run on modern systems, we don't support or offer downloads for those products.
Activate QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
- With QuickBooks Desktop open, press the F2 key.
- In the Product Information window, verify the registration status next to the License number.If the status is Activated, you're all set!
- If the status is Not Activated, select OK to close the Product Information window, then, from the Help menu, select Activate QuickBooks.
Follow the on-screen prompts to verify your information and complete the activation process.
Activate QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- From the QuickBooks menu, select Register QuickBooks.
- Enter the License Number and Product Number, and select Next.
- Select Register Online.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration.
If the Register option doesn't appear, the software is already registered.
In line with Intuit's discontinuation plan for older products, discontinued products cannot be registered for the first time. You can re-register discontinued products if they have been registered before and are being reinstalled.
You can contact us to get the validation code, but assisted support for discontinued products is no longer available.