Find out what computer and browser you need for the best QuickBooks experience. This covers QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant, and QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Windows PC: Windows 7 or newer, Intel Core i5 or comparable processor (2015 or newer) with at least 4 GB of RAM. Note: You need Adobe Reader 11.0 or higher to print forms.
- Mac: OS X "Panther" 10.13 or newer.
- Internet connection: 3 Mbps or higher.
Note: The QuickBooks Online app for your desktop isn't compatible with Linux operating systems like Ubuntu or Fedora, however you can open QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant, and QuickBooks Self-Employed in web browsers on Linux operating systems.
- Windows PC: Windows 7 or newer, Intel Core i3 or a comparable processor (2013 or newer) with at least 2 GB of RAM.
- Mac: OS X "El Capitan" 10.11 or newer.
- Internet connection: 1.5 Mbps.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox. Note: To preview and print forms on Mac OS, you'll also need the Firefox PDF plugin.
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari 11 or newer (Mac only)
If you want to see if your current browser is compatible, use the browser health checkup tool.
In general, QuickBooks supports the current and two previous versions of browsers. We don't always support older versions.
iPhone / iPad
- OS 11.1 or newer
- Safari browser. Note: Make sure Private Mode is off to allow cookies.
- Other browsers, such as Chrome and Dolphin, may work but aren't officially supported.
Android smartphones and tablets
- Nougat 7.1.1 or newer
- Chrome browser
- Other browsers, such as Firefox and Opera, may work but aren't officially supported.
- Microsoft Edge
Learn more about QuickBooks products and which is best for your business.