Let me help you get back on track!
If you're getting an error while opening the company file, you'll want to restart your computer and server (if you're on a multi-user environment) and re-open QuickBooks. If it's doing the same thing after restarting, you can see this great article with all the steps need to be done to get rid of the error:
Please let me know how it goes, or if you need anything else with your QuickBooks.
I'm in the same boat.
I just got a new computer. Running Win 10, Quickbooks Desktop 2020 (just paid for and downloaded it from Amazon), single user on one computer. Nothing fancy.
Every time I try to open QB Desktop, I get a 6189 and 816 error code and I can't do crap.
Then I have to restore my files from my back up to work with the files and have to remember to back up my files EVERY TIME I'm done working on them so I can go through the process again.
I tried shutting off the firewall, running the Tool hub deal, repair file / network tool, starting up in "safe" mode, made sure everything was up to date, moving the file to the Intuit program folder.......I tried EVERYTHING!
This SUCKS the BIG D! Any REAL fix available????
I appreciate your time trying to fix the issue in your end, JoeSiro.
We want to make sure that you're able to open the QuickBooks Desktop program. I recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. They can pull up your account and investigate what's causing this error.
Before doing so, please check out our support hours here. Then, follow these steps:
You can always get back here by leaving a comment on this thread. I'll be around to help.
Try restoring your backup file next time with a new company name. If the error code still persists, create a dummy file and open it from time to time for comparison. If you got no error code with the dummy file, it is possible your primary company file is damaged. Contact Intuit Data Service to fix it. Otherwise, consider purchasing a 3rd party file repair service.
I too am having this issue since I bought Pro2020 desktop in March 2020. I have been on a dozen or more calls and multiple customer service front end people and no one has been able to fix the problem. I completely uninstalled my Avast security to see if that might be causing it but it didn't help. I'm only running the system Windows Defender on a Windows 10Pro OS. I've been trying to get the Data Services team to help but was told in a chat that I'd have to get the front end people to request the Data Services people get involved. So far I've been disconnected twice in the past hour trying to get the issue escalated. This seems to be a common problem as they've written articles about how to fix it but it does not apply to me as I'm not in a multi-user environment. Only me on my own computer that is not encrypted. You'd think someone would have figured out why this is happening in a non multi-user environment. Feeling ANGRY!