We need to make sure that we're using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 11 or earlier. This is to make sure to avoid any errors while doing this process. Then, you can follow these steps:
Go to the Gear icon and select Export Data.
Click on the Learn more hyperlink below the Moving to QuickBooks Desktop.
Select the Download company data tile.
Hit Get started
Click Install ActiveX Control Now.
Select Continue. Enter your contact information. Then, Continue.
Once done, you'll receive an email saying that your data is ready. You can now export it to QuickBooks Desktop. We can check the detailed steps through this article: Export your QuickBooks Online data to QuickBooks Desktop. You can just proceed to step 4: Finish exporting your data.
To make sure your books match, run the Balance Sheet and the Profit and Loss reports in both programs. Here's how:
1. Go to the Reports menu and select Balance Sheet or Profit and Loss from the list.
2. Pick All Dates in the Report period field, and choose Accrual for Accounting method.
3. Hit the Run report button.
1. Click Reports from the top toolbar, and select Company & Financial.
2. Choose Profit & Loss Standard or Balance Sheet Standard from the list.
3. Pick All in the Dates field, and use Accrual for Report Basis.
4. Press the Refresh button.
If you have any questions about the process or need help with anything QuickBooks related, let me know by leaving a comment. Have a good one.