Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Switch from Self-Employed US to UK account

2 Comments 2
Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

Switch from Self-Employed US to UK account

Open a new QBSE UK account and cancel your US account.



Candice C
QuickBooks Team

Switch from Self-Employed US to UK account

Good morning, @userdante


I've got you covered. It only takes a few easy steps to switch from QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) US to the UK. 


All you need to do is cancel your US account and create a new account for UK. Don't worry. I can walk you through the steps. Here's how: 


Cancel US account


  1. Go to the Gear (Settings) icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Choose Billing Info
  3. Tap the Cancel Subscription option. 


Note: If you cancel your subscription, you can access QuickBooks Self-Employed through the end of your billing period. We'll keep your data for one year after. You need to follow the steps to resubscribe to access it again.


Now, it's time to create a new account associated with the United Kingdom. Here's how: 


  1. Go to the self-employed pricing and plans page for UK. 
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. 
  3. Hit Buy now & save
  4. Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions. 


That's all there is to it. For future reference, here's a link that's an overview of your new QBSE UK account. 


These steps will get you taken care of and back on track with your company. If you run into any trouble, feel free to ask. It's my priority that you're able to get back to running your business. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us