Thank you for your update. I waited a day and went back in to find another update - ran it and got back to a functioning QB. HOWEVER, I've not been able to update / sync my bank accounts since this happened. Is this another known problem? How do I notify QB support as you suggested?
In the meantime, you can download transactions from your bank’s website using a supported file type and import them in QuickBooks. Here’s how:
1. Log in to your bank’s website.
2. Find the download area for your account.
3. Download a statement to your computer.
4. In QuickBooks, open the Downloaded Transactions window and select the Import File icon to import your statement.
5. For each downloaded account, select a matching QuickBooks account from the Store in the QuickBooks Account menu. Choose Continue.
6. After QuickBooks finished importing transactions, choose OK. QuickBooks displays the transactions in the Downloaded Transactions window.