Learn how to import journal entries from your accountant.
QuickBooks Desktop makes it easy for you and your accountant to keep your books accurate. Your accountant can create journal entries in a copy of your company file. Then, they can send the journal entries to you so you can add them to your books. This gives you room to work while your accountant makes minor bookkeeping adjustments.
If your accountant sent you new journal entries, here’s how to import them to your company file.
Import a general journal entry file
- From the email your accountant sent you, download the attached file. Your accountant’s journal entries are saved as a QBJ file.
- Save the file in a folder you can quickly access, like your desktop folder.
- Open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the File menu, select Utilities then Import. Then, select General Journal Entries.
- Find and select the QBJ file you saved.
- On the Add General Journal Entries window, you’ll see all the journal entries your accountant sent. You can uncheck entries you don’t want to add to your books. Just be sure to let your accountant know.Note: If you can’t uncheck them, this means your accountant wants you to add all the journal entries to your books.
- Select Add GJEs, then OK.