How to run the reboot.bat file.
The following steps will guide you through the process of running the reboot.bat file, which re-registers QuickBooks related .DLL and .OCX files in Micosoft Windows.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop. And select Properties. Select Open file location.
- From the properties menu, select shortcuts. Right-click the reboot.bat file. Select Run as Administrator.Note:
- Make sure that you run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- The file may display as reboot.bat or reboot, depending on your Windows Folder Options settings.
- A Command (DOS) window (black window) will open with rapidly scrolling file names. Do not manually close this window. When the reboot.bat file utility has completed, the window will close.
- Check to see if this resolves the issue.