Learn how to reset the password for your QuickBooks Desktop Mac.
Forgot your password? No worries. In QuickBooks Desktop Mac, you can easily reset your password by following these steps.
How to reset your password for admin
You need your QuickBooks license number to reset the administrator password. You also need the email address, phone number, ZIP code, and name you use when you purchased and registered the product. All of this information is available on the CAMPS website.
- On your QuickBooks login screen, select Forgot Password.
- Fill out all the information on the form, then select OK.
- You’ll receive a code through email. Enter the code, then select OK.
- QuickBooks will then guide you through creating a new admin password.
How to reset a non-admin password
Only the company file admin can reset a password for non-admin users.
- Sign in to the company file as the admin.
- From the Company menu, select Users and Passwords.
- Select the user you want to change the password, then select Edit.
- Select the lock icon, then enter the new password.
- Select Save.