Find out how you can create relationships in QuickBooks Commerce.
Through QuickBooks Commerce’s relationship, you can manage your vendor and customer relationship. You can either manually create these relationships or upload a CSV file. Here’s how.
These are the categories of relationships:
- Vendor relationships. These are the companies you buy from that will appear on your purchase order
- Business Customer relationships. These are the businesses you sell to and will appear on your sales order.
- Consumer relationships. These are the individuals you sell that will appear on your sales order.
Here are two ways you can create relationships in QuickBooks Commerce.
Add relationships manually
If you need to create a relationship one at a time, follow these steps.
Note: If you imported your inventory through a sales channel, your consumer relationship imports into QuickBooks Commerce from any unfulfilled sales orders. You just have to create Vendor or Business Customer relationships.
Step 1: Create a vendor
- From the Relationships section, select the Create New ▼ dropdown menu.
- Select New Vendor.
- Fill out the vendor’s company info, then assign the default settings.
- Enter the company’s detailed address info for the sales and purchase orders.
- Select Create Vendor.
Step 2: Add a contact for your vendor
- From the vendor’s page you just created, select + Add a contact.
- Enter the contact info, then select Add Contact.
Add relationships in bulk
In QuickBooks Commerce, you have an option to add relationships in bulk. You just have to import your data from a CSV file. Here’s how.
Step 1: Download your data
- From the Relationships section, select the Bulk Manage ▼ dropdown menu.
- Select Import Relationships.
- Download the .csv template and fill in the fields using excel or google sheets, then save as .csv.
Step 2: Import your data
- Once you’re done with your CSV file, select Choose File.
- Select the CSV file you just created.
- Review your data, then select Import Companies.