Before exporting timesheets for payroll:
- Payroll for Xero is only available in Australia.
- If employees may be paid time and a half or doubletime, in Xero, set up those pay items, and assign them to the employees pay templates. In QuickBooks Time, enable overtime tracking (Company Settings > Payroll & Overtime > Overtime).
- The names of time off codes must match in QuickBooks Time and Xero for hours to export correctly.
- The export only includes hourly employee timesheets, not exempt employees. Time off is exported for both hourly and exempt employees.
- For payroll purposes, only employees who have tracked time during the selected pay period display.
How to export timesheets:
- First, do one of the following:
- At the top right of QuickBooks Time, select Xero > Export Time.
- Go to Reports > Approvals.
- In the next window, select a pay period (if a drop-down displays) and a date range, and select OK, continue. Note: If you are accessing the approvals report from the left-hand menu, when selecting a pay period, make sure that the name is preceded by "By Xero."
- On the Approvals Report, do one of the following:
- To approve individual timesheets, select Approve.
- To approve all timesheets, select the Check all unapproved checkbox > Approve Selected Users.
- Select Export Approved to Xero.
- In the Export Time pop-up, select Yes, Export.
How to view the time in Xero:
- Go to Payroll > Timesheets.
- The most recent pay period's worth of time will display for each employee, as well as the status. Time exported from QuickBooks Time displays as Approved. Time for which pay run has been run will display as Processed.
- If time needs to be edited and re-exported, the time must be reverted from Approved to Draft in Xero: go to Payroll > Timesheets > select a timesheet > Revert to Draft. Unapprove and edit the time in QuickBooks Time as needed, reapprove, and re-export.