Note: The Xero integration for invoicing is available in the US, Australia, and all other countries where Xero is available. For customers in Australia who also want to include payroll, go to How To Integrate TSheets and Xero in Australia.
Before you begin:
- You can only connect one TSheets account to one organization.
- If you have not already, in Xero, add customers, contacts, and inventory items for invoicing.
- If Customers were manually added in TSheets before integrating, make sure the Customer name matches exactly between the systems before your first import.
Set up the integration
- In TSheets, go to Feature Add-ons > Manage Add-ons.
- Scroll down to Xero and select Install.
- In the Xero Integration Preferences window, choose your country.
- Select Connect to Xero.
- In the Authorize Application window, select your organization, and select Allow Access.
- In the Connect window, select Next.
- In the Import Options window, make your selections:
- Archive: Selecting any of the archive options removes non-matching customers, and/or inventory items from TSheets. If this was selected by accident, they can be retrieved by contacting TSheets Support.
- Import customer from Xero: Select this to import your customer list for employees to track time against. Contacts that also need to be added as Customers can be imported via preferences later (see below for steps). Note: If available, the customer's address will also sync into TSheets for the Nearby Jobs functionality.
- Assign all imported customers to all employees: Selecting this allows employees to see the full customer list. You can uncheck this and manually assign specific customers to specific employees later, if desired.
- Import inventory items from Xero: Selecting this will allow employees to select from these items on their timesheets. These items then appear on invoices and TSheets reports. All inventory items will import into TSheets except those marked as "I track this item" in Xero.
- Require employees to select an inventory item: When employees clock in or switch customers, they will be required to select an inventory item on that timesheet.
- Select Start Import.
Add Xero contacts as customers in TSheets
Customers (contacts that have been invoiced) are automatically added during import, but contacts must be added this way:
- In TSheets, select Xero > Preferences > Manage Xero Customers.
- Find and select the Xero contacts you want imported in as TSheets customers.
- Select Add Customers.
Import customers, contacts, and inventory items
If you added, edited, or deleted a customer/contact, or inventory item in Xero, make sure you update it in TSheets, select Xero > Import.