Learn how to create and send multiple invoices.
QuickBooks Online Advanced lets you create and send multiple invoices at the same time. Save time by sending the same invoice to multiple customers. Or work on multiple invoices at once in a single window. Then, send all your invoices with one click.
Want to use this feature? Upgrade to QuickBooks Online Advanced.
Create an invoice
Use these steps if you want to work on multiple invoices at once.
- Select + New.
- Select Multiple Invoices.
- Select the Add (+) button to create a new blank invoice. Each invoice you add will be its own numbered row.
- Select any field to enter info. Some fields will help you search for existing items as you type (like customers in your system).
- If you need to delete an invoice, go to the Menu button (three vertical dots) on that invoice and then Delete invoice.
Add payment options to invoices
After you sign up for QuickBooks Payments, QuickBooks adds payment options to invoices.
Each time you create a new invoice, go to the Online payments section. Select the checkbox for the payment options you want to make available to customers.
Send the same invoice to multiple customers (duplicate an invoice)
Want to send the same invoice to multiple customers? Once you create an invoice, follow these steps to send the same invoice to multiple customers.
- Select the Menu button (three vertical dots) next to the invoice you want to send to multiple customers. Then select Duplicate invoice for multiple customers.
- In the window that opens, search for and select the customers you want to send the invoice to.
- Select Next. Invoices for each customer will appear as rows in the Multiple Invoices window. You can edit them individually if you need to.
Note: Duplicating an invoice will duplicate all its line items. However, if you’ve already set up any customer-specific terms or tax preferences, QuickBooks applies them to the invoice for that customer.
When you’re finished adding and editing invoices, select Save invoices. Complete invoices disappear from the window and are on their way to your customers.