Learn how to create and send multiple invoices in QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks Online Advanced lets you create and send multiple invoices at the same time. Save time by sending the same invoice to multiple customers. Or work on multiple invoices at once in a single window. Then, send all your invoices with one click.
Note: You can upgrade to QuickBooks Online Advanced to use this feature.
Here's an overview video of the feature.
Create and edit your invoices
Use these steps if you want to work on multiple invoices at once.
- From the Create (+) button, select Multiple Invoices.
- Select the Add (+) button on the left to create a new blank invoice. Each invoice you add will be its own numbered row.
- Select any field to enter info. Some fields will help you search for existing items as you type (like customers in your system).
- If you need to delete an invoice, go to the Menu button (three vertical dots) for that invoice. Then select Delete invoice.
Add line items and additional fields
- From the Menu button (three vertical dots), select New line item. This will add more line items below an invoice.
- Use the small Gear icon to add more columns and fields to your invoices.
Looking for more fields?
With the multiple invoices feature, you can add all kinds of fields. However, these ones aren’t available just yet: bundles, multicurrency, class, location, price-rules, late-fees, or automatic sales tax (exactor).
Send to multiple customers (duplicate an invoice)
Sometimes you might want to send the same invoice to multiple customers. Once you’ve created an invoice, follow these steps to duplicate it for multiple customers.
- Select the Menu button (three vertical dots) next to the invoice you want to send to multiple customers. Then select Duplicate invoice for multiple customers.
- In the window that opens, search for and select the customers you want to send the invoice to.
- Select Next. Invoices for each of these customers will appear as rows in the Multiple Invoices window. And you can still edit them individually.
Note: Duplicating an invoice will duplicate all its line items. However, if you’ve already set up any customer-specific terms or tax preferences, QuickBooks applies them to the invoice for that customer.
Finish and send your invoices
When you’re finished adding and editing invoices, select Save invoices.
Complete invoices disappear from the window and are on their way to your customers. Invoices that need more info stay in the window and show you where you need to make updates.