Learn how to scan barcodes when packing your sales order in QuickBooks Commerce.
In QuickBooks Commerce, packing your sales order is easier and more convenient with the use of a barcode scanner. Here’s how.
Note: Make sure to connect your bluetooth barcode scanner to your computer.
|For barcodes, we recommend EAN13/ UPC. For barcode scanner, you can use any USB or Bluetooth barcode scanner, however, most users recommend the Bluetooth Socket Mobile barcode scanning product range.|
Step 1: Finalize your sales order
- In QuickBooks Commerce, go to Sales Orders, then select Orders.
- Add your products and quantity.
- To change the state of the Sales Order from Active to Finalized, select Finalize. Learn more about Picking, Packing & Fulfilling Sales Orders.
Step 2: Create a shipment
- On your Finalized sales order form, go to Shipments, and select +Manual.
This will open a New Shipment form. First-time users will see a pop-up on barcode scanning function.
- On the New Shipment form, switch Barcode Scanning to ON. You’ll see a notification that barcode scanning has been enabled.
Note: If Barcode Scanning is switched off, you can’t scan in the quantities, but you can type them in manually.
Step 3: Scan the items
- Start scanning the items with the scanner.
Note: Scanning an item will reduce the quantity in the Not Packed column, and increase the quantity in the Qty Packed column by one unit. You’ll see a pop-up notification for the scanned item.
Step 4: Pack the sales order
- After scanning all the items, select Create to finish packing the order and mark it as Packed.
- Select Ship to mark the order as fulfilled.