This article explains how to make changes to the contacts, address, phone number and payment information for your QuickBooks Desktop account.
Change contact, address, phone, or email information
Contact QuickBooks Desktop support to make these changes.
- Only a Primary Contact already listed on your account can authorize adding a new contact.
- If you need to change the Primary Contact listed in your account, please be advised that we'll need to speak to the existing Primary Contact on file. If it's not possible for us to speak with them, you'll be asked to send us the information listed below so we can make the change. Once we receive this email from you, it takes up to 4 days to process. You'll receive an email confirmation once it's been completed.
Email the information below to BackOffice_Fax@intuit.com in the following format:
Subject: Primary Contact Change RequestCustomer NumberFull Name to be addedEmail Address to be addedPhone Number to be addedScanned image of proof of business membership, such as business card or form with company letterhead
Update the payment information on your account
- If you know your customer and subscription number (can be found on the regular billing receipts you receive)
- Update your information online at www.quickbooks.ca/accountupdate.
- Important: updating your payment information doesn't clear any outstanding balances.
- If you have an outstanding balance, it will be cleared on your next billing date. You may still receive missed payment notices from Intuit until your next billing date when your balance is fully cleared.
- If you have missed two payments in a row and you can no longer open QuickBooks Desktop, contact QuickBooks Desktop support to settle the balance and reactivate your license.
- Your updated payment information will be applied to future billing statements.
- If you're unable to locate your customer and subscription number
- Contact QuickBooks Desktop support to update your payment information.
- To switch from credit card payments to pre-authorized payments, complete the Pre-Authorized Payment Authorization form.