Intuit Practice Management powered by Karbon is a workflow and customer relations management software, focused on accountants and bookkeepers. It makes it simple to manage clients and work, and the integration with QuickBooks Time allows time tracking against those clients directly in Intuit Practice Management.
Before you begin:
- Make sure your Customers in QuickBooks Time match the Contact names in Intuit Practice Management exactly. This prevents any code duplication.
- Make sure the Team Members in QuickBooks Time match the Colleagues in Intuit Practice Management. These profiles do not link together, so each user will need to be set up in both places for timesheets to sync between systems for that user.
- In Intuit Practice Management, turn on the Time and Budgets feature to enable time tracking in your account.
- In QuickBooks Time, turn on Custom Fields, to sync your tasks and roles from Intuit Practice Management. Task and Roles will appear as two required fields on timesheets.
Set up the integration
- In Intuit Practice Management, to go Settings, then Connected Apps.
- Search for QuickBooks Time and select Connect.
- Select Connect an existing account.
- If you don’t already have an account, you can choose to start a QuickBooks Time trial.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Time.
- Select Allow access.
- In Intuit Practice Management, go back to Settings.
- Select from the dropdown what to sync between QuickBooks Time and Intuit Practice Management: Contacts or Contacts and Work.
- These sync into QuickBooks Time as Customers and Sub-customers.
- Then, select which contact types you want to track time against.
- Select Save & Sync.
Note: Once the initial sync has completed, all future syncs will happen automatically. If you add a new Contact in Intuit Practice Management, it will automatically appear in QuickBooks Time.
Time can be tracked in either QuickBooks Time or Intuit Practice Management, and it will sync automatically to the other software. Clients, work, tasks, roles, and any other applicable fields will appear on timesheets in both QuickBooks Time and Intuit Practice Management. Note that time tracked via clock in and clock out in QuickBooks Time, will only sync as total hours and minutes in Intuit Practice Management.
Learn more about tracking time in QuickBooks Time.
Learn more about tracking time in Intuit Practice Management.