Note: This is an Elite account feature only.
Enable Mileage Tracking
- Go to Feature Add-ons > Manage Add-ons.
- Search for Mileage Tracking and select Install.
Mileage is automatically tracked while team members are clocked in on a mobile device. To ensure mileage is tracked while on the clock, first enable Location Tracking:
- Go to Company Settings.
- Go to Location, then Tracking.
- Select either Optional or Required.
Next, team members should enable location tracking for the QuickBooks Time app:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Settings.
- Ensure Location Services at the top is toggled On.
- Then, find the QuickBooks Time app in the list and set it to Always.
- Then, enable Precise Location.
- Go to Settings > Apps > QuickBooks Time > Permissions > Toggle Location ON.
- Then, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Location > Set to High Accuracy.
For more help see: QuickBooks Time Mobile GPS troubleshooting
View and manage mileage
- Go to Time Entries, then select Timesheets.
- Any mileage tracked appears under Miles.
- If you do not see Miles, select Show columns ⚙ and select Miles.
Manage or edit mileage:
- On any timesheet, choose Edit Time.
- Deselect Auto calculate and make your adjustments.
- Select Save.
- Note: you can reselect Auto calculate if you wish to revert to the original mileage.
- Go to Payroll Report.
- Mileage appears in the yellow square. Total mileage is at the top of the report, and then broken down per team member.
- Select a team member to view a breakdown of their mileage per timesheet.
Mileage Report (.xlsx)
- Go to Reports > Tracking > Mileage Tracking.
- Select your report parameters and Run Report.
- Mileage is displayed per timesheet, per job, per team member (depending on your report settings).