Learn the first step to accepting flexible spending cards: Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) with QuickBooks Payments.
Good news! You can process payments using flexible spending cards, making it easy for your customers using FSA/HSA cards to pay for their medical expenses. Here's how.
Send a request to accept flexible spending cards
- Write a letter requesting the ability to receive flexible/health spending cards.
- State the type of product and/or service you provide.
- State the name of your business.
- Include your 16 digit merchant account number.
- Your request must be signed by the principal on your merchant account.
- Fax your request to Account Setup and Maintenance at 818-301-2158 or email to IMSOASISQUALITY@INTUIT.COM
If your business type is one of IRS approved like medical, dental, vision or pharmacy practitioners. You'll be ready to accept FSA/HSA cards in 2-3 business days. If not, additional documentation might be needed.
I'm already authorized to accept flexible spending card payments, why do I get declined customer transactions?
Here's a list of possible reasons why your customer's FSA/HSA card gets declined:
- Funds are not available
- Card is expired
- Cardholder went over a specific limit (varies per card)
Advise your customer to call the phone number at the back of their card to know the status of their FSA/HSA.