The QuickBooks Payroll mobile app allows you to pay employees anytime and anywhere through your iOS mobile device or iPad. This is a free app available from the Apple App Store. This article gives you a general overview of the app.
- Tap the app to launch and reach the sign in page.
To sign in, tap:
- Enter your login credentials.
- MFA is enabled for mobile users.
- If you're not a current customer but wish to learn more about our service, tap Sample Payroll or Learn More.
Sample Payroll takes you into a sample account that will allow you to test and evaluate many product features.
If you're an accountant who participates in Intuit Online Payroll's Accounting Professionals Program, you can navigate between clients:
- From the menu, tap Settings.
Tap Select Company, and then tap the company you want to work on.
Select Payroll > Payday.
In this page:
Review the Total Net Pay for the payroll period. Select Edit to change or Approve when you're ready.
A confirmation message will show. Select Done to return to the main screen.
Not available to QuickBooks Full Service Payroll
Choose the contractor you want to pay.
Select the amount box and enter the amount to pay, then Done.
When you are finished entering contractor payments, Select Review > Approve.
You will receive a confirmation that payroll has been approved. Select Done.
View Taxes and forms due
To view tax payments and forms due, select Taxes.
From the menu, select Taxes. Tax payments and forms due will be displayed.
- Tap the tax you want to pay or form you want to file.
- E-pay and E-file the form.
If you are entering the same hours for your hourly employees every week, your recent inputs on the device will get saved. This feature will save you lots of valuable time.
- Sign Out - select the Settings icon at the top left corner. You'll be automatically signed out of payroll on the iPad if you log into your account from another location. Select
- Company (Accountants Only) - allows you to change between linked companies.
- User ID - displays the ID you are currentlty logged in with.
- Sounds - turn the apps sounds on and off.
- Call Us - call us directly from your device (if supported).
- Email Us - send feedback about the app to our Mobile team (this email is not for support with your payroll account)
- Rate the App - tap to rate our app!
- FAQs - access a list of top questions, tap on a question to see the answer.
- Terms of Service - review Intuit's service agreement.