Learn how to activate gift cards in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
With the Intuit Gift Card Service you can sell, redeem, and track the balance of gift cards in QuickBooks Point of Sale. Here’s how to get started.
Note: If you haven’t already, make sure to sign up for a QuickBooks Payments Account. Once you’re approved, you can activate your account and start accepting gift cards.
How to set up gift cards in QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Make sure you’ve connected your merchant account to QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Open QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- From the File menu, select Setup Interview, then select the Gift Cards tab.
- Note: If you haven’t connected your Gift Card Service account, select Get started.
- Enter your Payments Merchant Account # and last 4 for digits of your Federal Tax ID, then select Submit and finish the signup.
- Once you’re done, go back to the Setup Interview.
- From Would you like to accept gift cards?, select Yes.
- Select Activate.
- Login to your payments account, then select the account you use for Point of Sale.
- When you’re done, close the window.