How to assign expense account for reimbursement pay type in Online QB. Example, Office Gasoline expense account for office employees with Pay Type Office Gasoline?
Hey there, Chrisvs.
Thank you for taking the time to post your question here in the Community. I'd be happy to offer some info about reimbursement pay types.
There are just a few steps to set up a reimbursement pay type for your employees. Here's how:
1. Click the Workers tab in the left navigation bar.
2. Make sure Employees is selected at the top of the page.
3. Choose the employee from the list to add a reimbursement. This will need to be done one by one.
4. Click the small pencil icon beside of Pay.
5. In section #3, choose Add additional pay types.
6. Place a check in the box for Reimbursement.
7. Click Done.
When you're ready to run payroll, there will now be a Reimbursement column. Enter the amount in this field. You can also enter a memo to explain this was for Office Gas. This article offers more details on paying your employees in different ways: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767979
With this information you'll be able to reimburse your employee when they have to pay for office gas. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.