Had to rebuild data and I lost a bunch of information. I've changed everything manually for credit card charges/credits and for checks written. But for Deposits, there are far too many daily credit card settlements. They are all listed, and they all still have Fee for Service Income as the "From Account" field, but the Received From field is now blank. 99% of them should be "CC income." The other 1% will be "Check Income."
How can I change a bunch of deposits' Received From field to CC income at the same time?
I appreciate you for taking the time to get help with your deposits. I see how challenging it would be to go through each of them and update the information in the Received From field. However, we're unable to do this in batches.
To avoid falling into this situation again, you can back up your company file before running the Rebuild tool or before changing anything in your record.
I hope you'll get this over soon. We're just right here if you have other concerns. Take good care always.
Thank you. I received a reply to my inbox here on QB from Kate Barb (Quickbooks Advisor, Level 1)
I really wish support would have told me that this would happen before I did it. I do have backups (I address this in another post) but I cannot remember exactly when I called/chatted/emailed support and got that advice, so I'll have to restore each dmg file one by one until I find the correct one.