I am attempting to use the "RECEIPTS" app in Quickbooks Online, but I can't use it as it is currently implemented.
When I go into QBO -> Banking -> Receipts and then try to "REVIEW" a transaction, I am required to enter the "Bank/Credit Account" and the "Account/Category." When I try to select the proper account, however, my entire Chart of Accounts is listed in alphabetical order - without accounting for Account/Sub-Accounts. This means I have multiple "Postage" or "Office Supplies" Sub-Accounts that are listed beside each other, and I can't tell which Account they belong to.
I'm used to the Sub-Accounts being underneath the corresponding account, but in the Receipts tab they are not listed correctly. I'm requesting the sorting of these two lists be updated to take into consideration Account/Sub-Account dynamics.
What displays on the Bank Credit Card selection is the same as the Chart of Accounts view. Make sure that the Sub-Account option in the Chart of Accounts is ticked to group them under the parent account.
Here is the sample screenshot if the Sub-account is turn on.
If the Sub-Account is not ticked.
If the Sub-Account is still not responding correctly, I can provide you the browser troubleshooting steps because QuickBooks uses cache files to boost program processes. First, access your account in a private window and check the Receipts in your account.
Here are the shortcut keys:
Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
Internet Explorer: Ctrl + Shift + P
Safari: Command + Shift + N
Second, if you can successfully get rid of the problem, we can go back to your regular browser and clear the cache storage of your browser to prevent unexpected behavior in the product. Clearing or deleting cookies can solve performance issues when you visit a website, particularly if the cookie is flawed.
Otherwise, using another supported browser can be a good alternative too.
However, if you still can't get rid of the problem after following the steps above, I recommend contacting our Customer Care Support. They can pull up and look into your account in a secure environment. And they have a screen sharing tool to assist you get rid of the problem.
Learn how to use the Receipts tab to enter, attach, and track your expense receipts: Manage your receipts in the Receipts tab.
Let me know if you other concerns by leaving a comment below. Take care, and have a good one!
Hello, and thank you for your response. Unfortunately, neither of these options were able to fix the Chart of Accounts as displayed in my Bank -> Receipts -> Review window.
1) First, I can confirm that yes - my Chart of Accounts is set up with both Accounts and then Sub-Accounts nested underneath those accounts. The Chart of Accounts displays correctly in all of the other windows like when categorizing expenses or income, but it does not display correctly within the "Receipts" tab.
2) I tried opening the Quickbooks Online screen from within a Chrome "Incognito" window, however, the Chart of Accounts continued to display without differentiating between Accounts and Sub-Accounts. I don't think it's a cache issue.
3) I opened Firefox and went to the same Receipts tab, and the Chart of Accounts continues to display incorrectly by not acknowledging the difference between Accounts and Sub-Accounts.
4) Regarding Customer Care, I already checked with Customer Care and they directed me to a link to make a "New Feature Request" however the link was broken, and I was not allowed to reply to the email. That's why I started this thread. Based on my previous conversation, Customer Care is not able to resolve this issue. Are you able to provide the link where I can request a new feature? Or provide a way forward for me on this issue?
Thanks for keeping us posted with results, ML222.
I appreciate you for providing such detailed information. This behavior with the accounts listed under Bank/Credit account and the Account/Category when trying to review a receipt can be fixed by performing some basic browser troubleshooting.
I've attached a screenshot on what to expect after performing the steps shared by my colleague above.
If it does the same thing, I suggest getting in touch with our QuickBooks Care Support. I know that you've already tried reaching us out. However, they have the special tools available to help further investigate the root cause of this behavior.
Let me know how the call goes. I want to make sure this is taken care of. If you have other questions, just let me know. Have a good one.
It would also be best to share the link of this thread for the next representative to have a better grasp of your issue.
You can visit our website to be updated and familiar with the latest improvements of QuickBooks Online: What’s new in QuickBooks Online: October 2019.
Let me know how the call goes. I want to make sure this is taken care of. If you have follow-ups, just let me know. Have a good one.
Thanks for your note. Here's the latest:
1) I was not able to resolve the issue through basic browser troubleshooting.
2) I just got off the phone with Customer Care. They also were not able to resolve the issue, though they were able to observe and document it. I was told that the issue is being escalated with my company file referenced, and I will receive a call back when there's progress.
At this time, I believe that means I cannot efficiently use the Receipts tab within Quickbooks Online. If you have any other means to resolve the issue, please let me know. Otherwise, I am waiting for Quickbooks to fix the issue.