cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **

One memorized transaction vs two

I frequently move funds from one account to another and since it is not done timely (which rules out automated transactions), I am having to enter two memorized transactions. Is there a method or way to use one memorized transaction to write a check from one account and deposit that amount into another? Not that big an issue, but if the capability is there, I would like to use it.

Thanx

 

Solved
Best answer 07-28-2019

Accepted Solutions
Community Explorer **

Re: One memorized transaction vs two

I toyed with this aa few times and found that if you memorized a deposit coming from another account, it memorizes both the check and the deposit. Seems to me that you folks on this board, with so much more experience, would know a simple trick as this!?!?!?
7 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: One memorized transaction vs two

QuickBooks has a memorized transaction feature, Tipiford.

 

This feature allows you to automate repetitive transactions. Let me show you how to do it.

  1. Process a Transfer Funds. Enter all details needed.
  2. Press Ctrl + M on your keyboard.
  3. On the Memorize Transaction window, select either, Add to my Reminders List, Do not Remind Me, or Automate Transaction Entry.
  4. Enter necessary info, then select OK.
  5. Click Save & Close.

To see memorized transactions, go to the Lists menu and select Memorized Transactions List.

 

You'll want to check this article as your guide: Create, edit, or delete memorized transactions.

 

If you need anything else, I'm here to help.

Community Explorer **

Re: One memorized transaction vs two

 


@AlexV wrote:

QuickBooks has a memorized transaction feature, Tipiford.

 

This feature allows you to automate repetitive transactions. Let me show you how to do it.

  1. Process a Transfer Funds as usual. Enter all details needed.
  2. Press Ctrl + M on your keyboard.
  3. On the Memorize Transaction window, select either, Add to my Reminders List, Do not Remind Me, or Automate Transaction Entry.
  4. Enter necessary info, then select OK.
  5. Click Save & Close.

To see memorized transactions, go to the Lists menu and select Memorized Transactions List.

 

You'll want to check this article as your guide: Create, edit, or delete memorized transactions.

 

If you need anything else, I'm here to help.


This is what I'm having to do twice, once for the check, once for the deposit. I was hoping for a way to handle both transactions with one memorized transaction

 

QuickBooks Team

Re: One memorized transaction vs two

Thanks for clarifying that our for me, @Tipiford..

 

I've got you covered on this memorized transaction concern.

 

If the bank account used for the deposit and check are both listed in your chart of accounts in QuickBooks Desktop, then you can have the option to memorize one transaction.

 

To achieve this goal, you'll need to enter the bank where funds are coming from and select the bank account on where amounts are deposited to upon creating the writing checks. Once done you can now memorize the check.  I've attached a screenshot below for your visual reference.

 

Additionally, you can scan through these resources I've shared below to give you more insights in writing checks and handling memorized transactions:

That should do the trick, Tipiford.

 

I'm just a post away if you have any other concerns about this. I'm always available to help you out. Take care!

Community Explorer **

Re: One memorized transaction vs two


@BettyJaneB wrote:

Thanks for clarifying that our for me, @Tipiford..

 

I've got you covered on this memorized transaction concern.

 

If the bank account used for the deposit and check are both listed in your chart of accounts in QuickBooks Desktop, then you can have the option to memorize one transaction.

 

To achieve this goal, you'll need to enter the bank where funds are coming from and select the bank account on where amounts are deposited to upon creating the writing checks. Once done you can now memorize the check.  I've attached a screenshot below for your visual reference.

 

Additionally, you can scan through these resources I've shared below to give you more insights in writing checks and handling memorized transactions:

That should do the trick, Tipiford.

 

I'm just a post away if you have any other concerns about this. I'm always available to help you out. Take care!


Thanx. I followed this procedure explicitly, but it only writes the check. The deposit is not made.
Moderator

Re: One memorized transaction vs two

Hi again, Tipiford,

 

I appreciate your prompt response and validating the result on the steps provided by my colleague BettyJaneB. Allow me to join the thread and help share additional information about creating a memorized transaction.

 

In QuickBooks Desktop, you can only memorize a transaction one at a time. That is the reason why it only writes the check, not the deposit.

 

To give you a better view on this process, you can read this great resource: Create, edit, or delete memorized transactions.

 

Additionally, I'm including an article that you may find helpful in the future: Create, access and modify memorized reports.

 

You're free to get back to me if you have any additional questions, I'd be happy to answer it for you. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Community Explorer **

Re: One memorized transaction vs two


@MirriamM wrote:

Hi again, Tipiford,

 

I appreciate your prompt response and validating the result on the steps provided by my colleague BettyJaneB. Allow me to join the thread and help share additional information about creating a memorized transaction.

 

In QuickBooks Desktop, you can only memorize a transaction one at a time. That is the reason why it only writes the check, not the deposit.

 

To give you a better view on this process, you can read this great resource: Create, edit, or delete memorized transactions.

 

Additionally, I'm including an article that you may find helpful in the future: Create, access and modify memorized reports.

 

You're free to get back to me if you have any additional questions, I'd be happy to answer it for you. Have a wonderful day ahead!


Thanx, that answers my question. Perhaps I didn't state it succinctly. I probably need remedial English 103. Guess I'll keep hitting the button twice. ,
Community Explorer **

Re: One memorized transaction vs two

I toyed with this aa few times and found that if you memorized a deposit coming from another account, it memorizes both the check and the deposit. Seems to me that you folks on this board, with so much more experience, would know a simple trick as this!?!?!?