1. QB POS Online: Can we manage user rights as we can do in the desktop version? We wish not to allow sales user to modify/change any amount or see the costing
2. How to control security after closing the shop? Invoice can be done using browser by any user from their phones or any device and that can be misused
3. Can we exchange data with QB Financial?
You have only limited option to manage user profile on QBO than QBD.
I would recommend using POS system at shop to integrate with your QBO. There are many options in the market and you may start exploring from this one
Thanks for your reply. Multiple systems will increase cost especially for small/medium businesses. User management and invoice security is very important for such online software. Controlling the price edits by every sales person (only authorized user should be able to edit price) secondly we must have scheduled operating hours or authorized user to start and stop invoicing system for everyone. Any desktop sales user can invoice even after closing the shop and that can be misused and open losses for the company
Hello there, Suleman.
Thanks for letting us know your insights about controlling user rights in QuickBooks Online. I'd like to provide further clarification about your concern.
As Fiat Lux - ASIA shared above, QuickBooks Online has limited options to manage user's profiles. It would be a great feature that would help us scheduling as to when our customers allowed to record invoices or make changes to the recorded transactions. However, we're unable to do it in the Online product.
QuickBooks listed on what users can and can't do when choosing access right for them. Also, we're unable to eliminate specific access, such as editing details from sales transactions. You may consider inviting them as Report only users. They won't be able to modify invoices since it's no longer visible on their end. They can only see all reports, except ones that show payroll or contact information.
Once users accepted the invitation, they would be able to access our book anytime using a web browser and mobile app. While the option is unavailable, I would recommend checking our blog website. It'll help us keep up-to-date about the added features and enhanced ones.
Let me know if you have other questions to ask about QuickBooks. I'll be right here to provide the details you need. I hope you're good. Take care and stay safe.
Thanks for your reply. It clarifies most of our questions. We are using Desktop version of QB POS and due to branches we wanted to use an online version so we can connect and monitor all the branches/outlets. We wanted following
1. Person sitting at till and doing invoices should not be able to change/modify selling price when invoicing (Which is not possible as per my understanding from the above)
2. There should be a close store option/schedule work hours and without that time system refuse to give access to any user other than system admin to access (Suggestion)
Kindly consider above for future as they would help us switch to online version with more users. Thanks again