Use these steps to help team members track paid leave needed for COVID-19 in QuickBooks and TSheets. (Learn more about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.)
Under FFCRA, there are three different types of paid leave:
- Employee National Paid Sick Leave: Your employee is sick and under quarantine with COVID-19.
- Family National Paid Sick Leave: Your employee is taking care of a family member who is sick or impacted by COVID-19.
- Family Medical Leave Act Expansion Paid Leave: Your employee is taking leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) to care for children under 18 whose school or child care is closed because of COVID-19.
TSheets Setup Steps
Note: The following options are only available in TSheets accounts that are integrated with QuickBooks Online. For other accounts, you can create the codes specific to COVID-19 by going to Time Off Codes and selecting Install COVID-19 codes.
Once these are set up in QuickBooks, perform an import from QuickBooks to TSheets.
Now, the time off codes will appear in TSheets Time Off.
- Codes will be assigned for the team members for which they were set up in QuickBooks.
- Codes will be automatically mapped to the correct pay type in the Payroll Mapping Tool.
- Codes will not import with pre-setup accruals.
Have employees enter time off hours using the appropriate COVID-19 code. Timesheets will export to QuickBooks as normal.