Who can do what?
- Account administrators can set up time off codes and accruals.
- Admins and managers can enter time off in bulk.
- Admins and managers can approve or deny team member time off requests.
- Depending on the account settings, team members can enter time off or they can request time off. In both options, team members will see the number of hours they are predicted to have on the date for the time off.
Set up time off
Enable time off and configure time off preferences
- Go to Company Settings > Time Options > Time Off.
- Select Administrators and Managers. We recommend keeping this enabled even if you're not yet tracking time off.
- Choose which days entry is allowed on.
- (Optional) Select All Team Members.
- This allows team members to add their own time off hours (admins and managers can be notified). Leave it unchecked if only admins and managers should enter time off for their team members.
- (Optional) Select Approval Required.
- All time off that individuals enter will be in a pending state until a Manager or Administrator approves or denies the time off request. A request only becomes a time off timesheet if it's approved.
- (Optional) Select Allow managers to edit team members’ time off ledgers.
- This allows managers to edit the amount of time off a team member has accrued.
Set up time off codes
- Go to Feature Add-ons > Time Off Codes. The Time Off Codes window displays.
- Select Add New.
- Enter the name of the Time Off code and choose whether it is a Paid or Unpaid code.
- To assign the code to team members, select Assign to Individuals or Groups. Make your selections and select Save.
- When aTime Off code is assigned to all team members, any new team members will be automatically assigned to that code and its associated accrual setup.
- If a bank of hours is needed for a time off code, set up accruals.
Manage time off notifications
Update notifications globally:
- Go to Company Settings > Notifications > Time Off.
- Make selections to apply company-wide.
Update notifications individually:
- Go to My Team > select a user to access Team Member Details > Notifications.
- Select Web, Mobile, or Email for the following options:
- When a team member enters time off (admins)
- When a team member enters time off (managers)
- When time off is approved, denied, edited, or canceled (all)
View time off
In Time Off
- Team members see a list of their time off entries. If approvals are required, the status of requests will display: pending, approved, denied, or canceled.
- Admins and Managers see a list of all entries for those they manage.
- Select My balances to view your personal time off balances.
- Time off entries appear in the schedule. If approvals are required, when a request is “pending”, it will not appear in the schedule. A “shift” is visible once a request is approved and the timesheet is created.
In Time Entries, reports, etc.
- Note: Entries do not appear until the time off timesheet is created.
When is a time off timesheet created?
In some instances, a time off timesheet is not created immediately after a time off is entered. This helps with accuracy in accrual balances.
- A timesheet is created when the balance covers the entire entry and the time off dates are within the pay period.
- If the time off is outside of the current pay period, one of these happens based on the accrual type:
- None or Manual: the timesheet is created immediately
- Yearly: the timesheet is created immediately, as long as it is within the current year of accruals.
- By Pay Period or Hours Worked: the timesheet is not created until the accrual date of the pay period in which the request falls occurs.