Learn how to customize a vendor invitation in Online Bill Pay.
To make vendor payments from within QuickBooks Online easily, you can invite your vendor to sign up. In this article, we'll show you how to customize that invitation, and how you can help your vendor set up their Bill.com account once they accept your invitation.
Customize the vendor invite
Do you want to personalize the message you send to your vendor? Follow the steps below.
- Select Set up bank transfers.
- Choose your preferred vendor to receive the bank transfers.
- Select the Edit icon to customize your message.
- Put a check on the Make this my default invite option to make your customized message the default for future invitations. (Note: If no check is placed, the future messages will have the system default message.)
Once your vendor accepts the invitation...
Below you will find the steps your vendor will need to take once they accept your invitation.
- Select Accept Invitation on the email.
- Fill in the request information, then select Sign up.
- First and Last name
- Select the statement that best applies: I am ...
- A business - getting paid by another business
- An independent contractor - getting paid by a business
- An employee - getting paid or reimbursed by an employer
- Fill out required fields, then select Continue.
- Account type (choose from the drop-down)
- Company name
- Phone number
- Address information
- Primary company owner
- Their accounting software
- Their industry
- Their tax ID type
- Their tax ID number
- Enter bank account information, then choose Next.
- Name on bank account
- Bank name
- Bank account type (from the drop-down)
- Routing number
- Account number (twice)
- Tax id
- Select tax ID type
- A $.01 transaction will be sent to validate their account. Typically, it shows up on the bank account in 1 - 2 business days.
- Once the bank account is verified, future payments will be directly deposited to the bank account.
- Vendors may choose to upgrade to a premium plan or continue with the free Bill.com account by selecting the appropriate box.
- After they've chosen the type of account, setup is complete. When you make payments to the vendor, they will be deposited in their bank account.