Learn how to process an EMV credit card transaction in GoPayment.
Process your credit card transactions with the new EMV card reader for increased payment security. We’ll show you how.
Process an EMV Transaction
|Note: Before you can process EMV transactions, you need to set up the card reader.|
- Select the method you use to make a sale on the New Payment screen.
- Enter the amount or add items to the transaction.
- Select the white arrow to connect to the EMV reader via Bluetooth.
- Insert the chip card with the chip side up into the reader slot.
- Have your customer sign their name on the signature screen.
- Select Charge to authorize the payment.
- Remove the credit card from the reader when the Transaction complete screen appears.
Get help with common issues
If you remove the credit card before the Transaction Complete screen appears, the charge may not go through. To resolve, Go to Transactions menu, then see if the charge went through. If not, repeat the steps above.
Additionally, if you're having issues processing a payment, verify that you're inserting the chip into the slot or swiping the side with the magnetic stripe. The QB 21 and QB 31 readers have a different way to enter the card than what the illustrations may otherwise show.
A connection timeout in getting your customer’s signature cancels a transaction. To resolve, select Return to Payment Selection and charge the credit card again.
|Take your business on the go with the new QuickBooks Card Reader so you never miss a sale. Its innovative design includes an LED display and contactless payments, which conveniently lets customers pay, tip, and check out without having to share your phone. Learn more|