|Important: On November 12, 2019, Intuit will be deprecating (discontinuing) the Legacy QBMS Payments API (also known as the v0 Payments API). If you are currently using our Legacy API, your payment processing will stop on 11/12, unless you have moved your shopping cart to our new SDK experience.|
Learn how to create an AppID, AppLogin, and a connection ticket that your shopping cart provider will be asking for when setting up your Web store.
Here are some shopping cart providers that are compatible with our payments services. You may visit their website for more information.
Check out quickbooks.intuit.com/payments/ecommerce and scroll down to Compatible e-commerce stores to view our popular e-commerce partners. For technical assistance in creating or configuring an eCommerce API, visit Intuit Developer Group.
|Before you start
Before you start, make sure that you have a valid payments account. If your account is PTS/SPA, proceed to Step 2.
If you don't have an account
- Apply online
- Call our Sales Department at 866-697-9200
If you already have an account
- Sign in to Merchant Service Center using your payments account credentials. If you encounter anything unexpected, you may contact QuickBooks Payments services at 800-558-9558.
- From the Account ▼ drop-down menu, select Processing Information.
- Make sure Process with Web Store is enabled.
- If you made any changes on this page, select Submit Changes.
Note: If you don't see any of these options, your Web Store option was defaulted to ON. Proceed to Step 2.
- Go to the Intuit Developer Group website.
Note: The website currently supports Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you experience technical issues such as screens and images not loading, clear cache and cookies or try on a different web browser.
- Select Sign In on the upper right of the page.
- Enter your Intuit Payments Email, or User ID and Password.
- Make sure this is the login for your E-commerce account.
- If you do not have an E-commerce account, select Create an account.
- Once you sign in, you'll be on your account's page.
- From the top right, select Create New App.
Note: At this point, you have to verify the email address for confirmation and security if this is your first time logging in to the partner platform.
- From the Just Start Coding section, select Select APIs.
- When a pop-up window appears, select Create a QBMS payments app.
Important: The App Login, App ID and Connection ticket are used in the eCommerce processing of transactions and must be kept confidential. This information should only be used in the steps listed and not provided to anyone.
- Fill out the registration form.
- Application Type: Select Desktop.
- Environment: Select Production.
- Application Name: Enter a unique name for your application. This can be seen by the customers - e.g Credit Card Processing
- Application Identifier: This is used to identify the application, and may not contain spaces. Enter a unique version to ease identification. - e.g. qbms1, qbms2, qbms3, etc.
- Domain: Enter your website domain - e.g. thisismywebsite.com. The Domain and the Application Identifier are used to generate the App Login.
Important: The resulting App Login must be unique or the following error will occur: "Duplicate Application Registration: there is already an application with this AppLogin". If this happens, repeat the same steps above using a new and unique Application identifier to resolve this problem.
- Select Create App to continue.
- On the results page, you will see your App ID and App Login. Take note of these for the next steps.
- Paste this on your web browser, but don't press Enter or click Go yet: “https://merchantaccount.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection?appid=APP_ID&sessionEnabled=false”
- Replace the APP_ID with your actual App ID from Step 3.
- Press Enter.
Note: It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing this website. If you experience issues while logging in using any browser, try a different browser first with the same link.
- Log in with your payments account information.
- If you get to the Companies page, choose the payments account for the company you'd like to use.
- You may reach the page asking if you'd like to have Secure Login. For this option you need to select No. If you select Yes, you'll have to sign in every time you process and most Web store interfaces don't allow this feature.
- Now you've completed the steps, this page will display your Connection Ticket. Take note of this information for your future reference.
Note: Once you have copied down the connection ticket, sign out of the page. This ensures the connection ticket is activated. This connection ticket will be added to your shopping cart to allow payments processing. Each shopping cart provider is unique so be sure to reach out to them for additional information.
|Important: Make sure to log out of the Merchant Account website after you generated the connection ticket, as the connection tickets won’t become active until you hit “Log out” on the page where they are generated. This often causes confusion when you're still logged in to the “create a connection ticket” website and is attempting to process your shopping cart. The connection ticket won’t be active yet and the payment will get an error.|