Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Construction draw paid for vendor invoice

How do I enter a payment for a bill from a vendor that actually came from a title company? Vendor bill is on our books, but part of the payment was paid through a construction draw submitted by us to the title company so the vendor's bill was paid by the title company. I don't know how to reduce the balance we owe to them by the amount paid by the title company. 

1 Comment 1

Construction draw paid for vendor invoice

Hey there, KTN984.


You can enter a journal entry to reduce the balance you owe. However, the assistance of an accountant is a must to help and guide on which account to debit and credit. Also, this is to ensure your books is 100% accurate.


Here's how to enter a journal entry:


  1. Click + New in the left panel.
  2. Choose Journal entry.
  3. Fill out the fields to create your journal entry.
  4. Hit Save and close.

Here's a quick guide on how journal entries work in QuickBooks Online as well as on what are the rules you need to follow when entering them:


A QuickBooks Refresher on Journal Entries.

Adding Multiple AR/AP Lines on a Single Journal Entry.


You can always drop a reply below if you have additional questions. I'll zip right back to lend you a hand.

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us