"Default payment received template is unusable" I makes no sense to anyone who receives it. The standard answer to anyone who raises this issue is to send a customer statement instead.
Why have an option to send a receipt if it doesn't clarify to the customer that the balance is zero and the account has been credited with the recent payment?
If sending a statement is the best solution, why not make that the option instead. Adding the extra steps to find the customer and send a statement is a complete waste of time for my clients and myself.
Attached is a recent "Receipt"
1. Amount credited $0.00 "No, Amount credited is $390.00"
2. Total $390.00 "Total what?"
3. Signature: ________ "a: When would I have the opportunity to sign it. It is being emailed from QBO"
"b: Why would I sign something that makes no sense"
Please Change this form to:
1. Amount credited to equal the payment received
2. Change Total: to Balance and the amount equal to the outstanding balance " In this instance $0.00"
3. Get rid of the Signature Line
Other than this issue, I am very pleased with the QBO product and my clients are as well.