Thanks for coming by, @CuriousSam.
I'll share some information about breaking down credit memos. You can either apply the credit memo manually or automatically to open invoices. In your case, the auto-apply credits feature may be enabled. To verify, here's how:
- Go to Gear.
- Select Account and Settings.
- Choose the Advanced tab. Then, tap the pencil icon in the Automation section.
- Check if the Automatically apply credits is turn-on. Switch the button to turn it off. See the image below.
- Click Save and then Done.
By turning off the auto-apply credits, you have the option to apply the credit memo manually.
On the other hand, to view the applied credits of an invoice, you'll have to open the payment link from the invoice page. Let me guide you how:
- Go to Sales, then choose Invoices.
- Open the invoice you want to view the credit memo.
- Select the payment link at then the date link. This will open the Receive Payment window.
- Scroll down towards the Credits section to see the attached credit memo.
- Click Save and close.
Here's how it looks like:
Feel free to browse this link to guide you in managing your accounts receivables: Understanding Accounts Receivable.
Still have questions? Drop them below and I'll be happy to answer them for you. Take care and have a great day ahead.