Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
I made an adjustment in 2019 to a 2016 closed bank account and now I show a negative balance for that account in my balance sheet. Can I delete this account so it doesn't show on my balance sheet>
Hi there, Protocol2000.
All active and inactive accounts will show in the report if there are transactions assigned to them.
I suggest customizing the report. From there, you can choose which accounts to show in the Balance sheet report and exclude the one with the negative balance.
1. From the Balance Sheet report, click the Customize Report button.
2. Select the Filters tab.
3. Type Account in the Search Filters box.
4. From All accounts drop-down arrow, choose Multiple accounts.
5. Select the accounts you want to show in the report by putting a checkmark.
6. Hit the OK button. Then OK.
For additional information, you can check this article: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop. This also contains steps to create summary and detailed reports, and setting up scheduled reports.
Please refer to this article to see information on how Chart of accounts organizes your transactions: Understand the chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
Please let me know if you have other questions about your reports in QuickBooks. I'm always here to help.