Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

Minimal Leftover Credit

I received a payment amount that was $.02 over the invoiced amount.  Should I go back to the invoice created last year and adjust the charge by that amount?  If not, what should I do?

Thank you.

1 Comment
Established Community Backer *

Re: Minimal Leftover Credit

Never go back to last year especially if your taxes have been filed.  While 2 cents will not make a change to your tax return, you have two options.  Create an invoice for 2 cents dated this year or create a journal entry.  Suggest you create an invoice.  Go to receive payments.  Check off the invoice and then credits and discounts and apply the two cents.