I am using Quickbooks Desktop pro 2018 and have signed up to utilize the online merchant center for receiving payments on invoices. Many times the payments come in with the payee blank and since I have so many invoices that are for the same amount I don't have any way to match them up. I read that the payee information will come through Once I download the payments but when I try that it just runs with a message to please white while we download your transactions and nothing ever happens.
I checked if there's an ongoing issue about the payees' name not coming in, but there isn't currently one. That being said, I highly suggest contacting our Merchant Support team to verify if there's an issue on their settings when downloading. Please refer to this article to get this most updated contact information: QuickBooks Desktop Payments.
On the other hand, after downloading the transactions, and nothing happens, let's try to repair QuickBooks. This will help resolve any program related issue. Here's how:
1. Restart your computer first and back up your company file.
2. Once done, click the Start menu on the desktop, then Control Panel.
3. Select Programs and Features, then pick QuickBooks in the list of programs and choose Uninstall/Change.
4. Click Continue and Next.
5. Hit Repair, then Next again. Wait for the Repair to complete.
6. Choose Finish. Restart your computer if prompted.