There's no need to delete the bill, georgegaviria1.
All we have to do is mark the bill as billable. Then, we'll need to record the payment. Let me guide you on how to do it:
Before doing so, we'll have to turn on the Mark expense and items as billable option.
- Click the Gear icon, and then select Account and Settings.
- Go to the Expenses tab.
- Tick Mark expense and items as billable.
- Click Save, and then Done.
Then, open the bill and mark it as billable.
- From the Expenses tab, select Vendors.
- Select the vendor.
- Go to the Transaction List tab.
- Select the bill.
- Mark the BILLABLE column.
- Assigned a CUSTOMER.
- Click Save and close.
Afterward, we're good to record the bill payment. We can do this by clicking the + New button, and then select Pay Bills. Select a customer. Next, select the billable expense. Then, click Save.
I'd also recommend reaching out to your Accountant so they can guide you with the process.
I've also added this article to know more how billable expense works in QuickBooks Online: Enter billable expenses.
I'm always around if you still need my help!