Beginning the 4th quarter of 2016 there has been a change to the way we e-file and pay withholding tax with the District of Columbia. The D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue now requires employers to register through the agencies new online tax portal (MyTax.DC) and then grant Intuit access to their account to make D.C. withholding payments and filings electronically.
All of the following should be true before continuing:
- You have registered with the DC OTR (Office of Tax and Revenue) and been assigned an employer account number.
- You can register for your DC OTR employer account number online at: http://otr.cfo.dc.gov/service/business-tax-service-center if you have any questions please contact the agency at 202.727.4829
To create a MyTax.DC account:
- Go to https://mytax.dc.gov/_/
- Click on Sign up to use MyTax.DC.gov button.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete your registration.
- Contact Intuit to provide your withholding account number and tell us you have created your MyTax.DC account.
What happens after MyTax.DC account gets created?
Intuit will send the agency a request to obtain agent access to your account. This may take up to 5 business days to be completed.
You will receive a “Pending Account Access Request” notification in the Alerts section of your MyTax.DC.gov account. This request will be from PayCycle, Inc., which is the Intuit entity responsible for tax filings.
- Locate the alert message in your MyTax.DC account as referenced above.
- Select Yes, next to Approve Third Party Access.
- Under Access Type, select File Returns and Make Payments from the drop-down menu.