Learn how to set payroll preferences in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
If you have employees and want to track payroll in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you need to choose which payroll solution to use. Here’s how.
Set payroll preferences
- Go to QuickBooks, select Preferences, then Payroll.
- In the Payroll window, go to The Employees > Payroll menu item: dropdown, then choose from the 2 payroll options:
- Select Launches QuickBooks Payroll for Mac, if you're using Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac.
- Select Launches Aatrix Top Pay, if you're using Aatrix for your payroll.
- Select Launch or Get Started, then close the Preferences window.
Note: The payroll solution you set will launch after you select the payroll command, either by choosing the Payroll icon on the homepage or by choosing Employees, then Payroll.