When computers (Server and Workstations) are not in the same QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale release patch, you receive:
Error: Application Update Required, Intuit.RSG.QBPOSInterop.UpdateApplicationActionPage.
Note: Check for resolution after performing each solution.
Solution 1: Ensure all QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale updates are installed
|Important: If you have QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale on a server and workstations, make sure to update the server prior to updating the client workstations to prevent further errors.|
- Click Exit on the update screen.
- Choose Help and select Check for Software Updates.
- Allow Point of sale to update. If an error occurs during the update, go to the product updates page and do a manual update.
Solution 2: Delete all contents of the Entitlement Client folder and remove WSActivity.xml file
- End all QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale processes.
- Press Ctrl+Shitf+Esc to open the Task Manager, then select the Process tab.
- End the following processes:
- Close the Task Manager.
- End all POS services.
- Press Window+R to open the run command.
- Enter services.msc, then click OK.
- In the Services window, select QBPOS Database Manager vXX.
- Select Stop, then close the services window.
- Display hidden Windows folder.
- Delete the contents of Entitlement Client folder.
- Go to the entitlement client folder: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- On your keyboard, press CTRL+A to select all files in the folder.
- Right-click and select Delete.
- Delete the WSActivity file.
- Go to this location: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of SaleXX.
- Open the INI folder, then delete the WSActivity file.
- Download and install the updates.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and download and install any updates.
- Complete the registration process.