You may encounter this error when your client workstation tries to connect to the server, or when you open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale on the server.
This happens when:
- Your computer doesn't meet system requirements to run QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- The company file is damaged.
- Your client workstation can't find the server on the network.
- Windows security is set too high.
- The Point of Sale installation is damaged.
Solution 1: Empty the contents of the Entitlement Client folder
Note: You'll have to re-register your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale after doing the steps below.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Press Ctrl+A keys to select all the files in the folder, then press Delete.
- Select Yes to confirm the action.
- Relaunch QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and re-register the application.
Solution 2: Rename the WSActivity File
- Display hidden files and folders on your computer.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to: C:\Program Data\Intuit\ QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Right-click WSActivity and choose Rename.
- Type OLDWSActivity and then click anywhere to save the change.
- Close the window and open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.