How to align preprinted paychecks in QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service or Intuit Online Payroll Full Service
QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service
- Login to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Select Payroll Settings from the Gear icon in the top-right corner.
- You will see a Print Preferences section in this new window.
- Ensure Preprinted QuickBooks-compatible check paper is selected, then choose how many stubs to print along with the check.
- Select the Align Check button.
- Select the Print Alignment Form button on the side-bar to receive a copy of the alignment form.
- You will hold the print alignment form up with a blank check and see where the "Pay to the order of" field lines up with your alignment sheet. You will put this corresponding letter in the top box of Step 2.
- Select Print Sample Check in Step 3.
- This opens a sample check in a PDF that you can print out on blank paper. You can use this sample check to troubleshoot how the check needs aligned in the next steps by stacking the alignment page onto a printed check to check the positioning. If you are using Chrome and a blank page appears, or a message to turn on Chrome plugins appears after selecting Open Alignment Window, here's what you need to do:
- In your Chrome browser, select the menu icon below the X button.
- Select Settings > Advanced.
- Select Content Settings > PDF documents.
- Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome should be turned off.
- Select Save.
If the alignment is now legible, these settings will save moving forward. If they are still not aligning correctly, you can come back in and adjust the letter and number markers in Step 2. Listed below are scenario's you may encounter.
The check is printing too high
Choose a letter further down the list to move information down the page. For example, if the current letter in the field for Which letter appears just above the Pay to the Order of line? is L, selecting a letter lower on the tier than L will move information down.
The check is printing too low
Choose a letter further up the list to move information up the page. For example, if the current letter in the field for Which letter appears just above the Pay to the Order of line? is L, selecting a letter higher on the tier than L will move information up.
The check is printing too far left
Choose a higher number on the list to move information to the right of the page. For example, if the current number in the field for Which number appears completely to the right of the dollar sign? is 5, selecting a number to the right of 5 will move all information to the right.
The check is printing too far right
Choose a lower number on the list to move information to the left of the page. For example, if the current number in the field for Which number appears completely to the right of the dollar sign? is 5, selecting a number to the left of 5 will move all information to the left.
*All fields move together when aligning the checks. It is not possible to move one field on the check without moving all of the fields together.*
Intuit Full Service Payroll
Paycheck Alignment is not supported with Intuit Online Payroll Full Service.
Please contact support for assistance in aligning your paychecks.