Set up account/open the secure email:
- Open the email attachment received labeled "securedoc" this should open a prompt in your default internet browser
- Select the "Open" option once the prompt has opened in your internet browser
- Use your set password to open the email
If you do not see the Register button, click below for additional steps:
- If the Register button is not displayed, leave the password field empty, and click the Open button to begin the registration process.
- The YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED window will open. Click the link provided to register.
- Continue with the NEW USER REGISTRATION steps below.
Note: If you have SPAM controls set up in your email account you may need to check your SPAM folder to find the email.
From the email you receive, click on the attachment called securedoc.html.
Text of message:
You have received a secure message from Intuit. To protect your sensitive Intuit information, Intuit has partnered with IronPort Systems to send you this secure email. IronPort Systems, now part of Cisco, is a leading provider of Web security and email security solutions for organizations. Below are some directions for accessing this important information in a secure manner.
Your secure message can be viewed by opening the attachment called securedoc.html. You can either open (view) the file or save (download) it to your computer.
Regardless of the option you select, when you open securedoc.html, it will open a secure email "envelope" in your default Web browser (i.e. Firefox). You will then be prompted to login using your secure email account.
Is this your first time viewing secure email from Intuit? If so, you will be prompted to register to create a secure email account with Cisco's IronPort Systems, Intuit's partner for secure email. Simply follow the directions for creating your secure account. After this one-time registration, you will be able to view secure email by entering your secure email account password.
Once you have created your secure email account, you can always manage your Intuit secure email profile with Cisco's IronPort Systems and view previously received secure email at:https://res.cisco.com/websafe/
Accessing your email from a mobile device? To access your secure email from a mobile device, forward this message to: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a mobile login URL.
Help - https://res.cisco.com/websafe/help?topic=RegEnvelope
About Cisco Registered Email Service - https://res.cisco.com/websafe/about
Save and then open the encrypted message file attachment.
When the attachment opens in a Web browser, click the Register button.
Complete the required fields in the registration application and click Register.
You will receive an activation email. Click on the link Click here to activate this account.
When you receive the confirmation, close the window and return to the original secure Email you received from Intuit.
Click on the attachment called securedoc.html.
Click on the Open button.
- Access your secure Intuit email account by entering the password you created during setup.
You can now view your encrypted Email and open any secure documents that are attached.
Note: If you are a first time recipient and need to learn more, see About registered envelopes.
Troubleshooting secure Email setup and receipt:
I did not receive my activation message when registering for the Envelope Service.
Your activation message may have been sent to the spam folder. Configure your email program to treat the activation message as legitimate mail. To ensure future messages from this service are not accidentally filtered out of your email, please add "DoNotReply@res.cisco.com" to your Address Book or Safe Sender List.
Error Message: "To open this message, your account must first be activated."
Check your inbox for an activation email message. Note that the activation message may have been caught by a spam filter or sent to a junk email folder.
Error Message: "Incorrect password. Please try again."
The password you entered does not match the password for your Cisco Registered Envelope Service account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Verify that you did not accidentally press the Caps Lock key before entering the password. If you forgot your password, click the Forgot password? link on the envelope.
If you are still unable to open your encrypted Email, try using the Open Online feature. To open a Registered Envelope online:
- Enter your password and click on the Open Online link in the lower right corner.
- When you use the Open Online feature, you send the message back to Cisco Registered Envelope Service for decryption rather than decrypting it locally. You may need to use the Open Online feature if browser settings or email system restrictions prevent you from opening a Registered Envelope. Opening an envelope online is slower than decrypting it locally.
- Forward the message to email@example.com.
- Cisco Registered Envelope Service will send you a message with a link that you can click to open the envelope online.
- If you are getting an error or having problem accessing your secure e-mail, see Registered Envelope Help and Support.
- To contact Cisco directly see Contacting Cisco Customer Support.